ZeZe

SCCM LAB - Build and capture on VMWare

Hi all,

I have my own lab in running on my Macbook Pro (mid 2015). I'm using vmware Fusion 8 pro and almost everything works fine.

When I try to run a task sequence to build and capture it fails when the step is "capture" because the network driver is not loaded.

Actually I added two network drivers to my boot image: from vmware and intel 82574L (which is the one that is not loading). Nevertheless, the computer restart and start loading the boot image to capture the windows, but fails immediately and I'm out of options. Does any one had this issue before? The driver is not digitally signed but was correctly injected to the boot image.

note: the driver is correctly loaded when I'm booting from the network (pxe) and I can't copy the log because I don't have any driver loaded... no network nor copy paste basic functions... Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advanced!

Hmmm... no? B)

The adapter is the Intel 82574 L... I'll make some print screens and post it tomorrow! :) Maybe I should add that driver to the boot image... I honestly don't know anymore! I'm a little bit lost... never had this kind of issue... thank god this is my lab! :D

Update:

Initially this post was about the drivers in my boot image - maybe yes.. If you have ADK 10.0.10586.0 and if you try to refresh or build and capture an operating system, your task sequence will probably fail.

After a lot of troubleshooting and with the help of Windows-noob administrator aka Anyweb, finally got it.

I just had update to 1511 and my ADK was 10.0.10586.0.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2015/11/20/issue-with-the-windows-adk-for-windows-10-version-1511.aspx=> Microsoft recommends that we don't use this ADK because it nasty, but I thought that this wasn't for me... :)

After adding all needed drivers, the problem persisted and my smsts.log was showing something like this:

http://ccmexec.com/2015/11/adk-10-0-10586-breaks-the-refresh-scenario-in-configmgr-2012-sp2-r2-sp1/#comment-20644

Resolution:

Remove ADK 10.0.10586.0

Restart server

Install ADK RTM (10.0.10240.16384)

Restart server

Add manually the new boot image to SCCM (Copy winpe.wim from ADK folder to \SMS_PR1\osd\boot\<x64> or <i386>\new_boot_image_wim

(don't forget to add your drivers to this new boot image and distribute the content to your DP).

Change your task sequence to use this TS instead.

Thanks you anyweb!

• Like 1

Hey ZeZe,

After running into same issue this week toying with Win10 deployments I ran into the same errors you and other have had (adapter not re-initializing after restarting to WinPE 10.0.10586.0).

I checked the TechNet blog you posted and it was updated at the beggining of the month. Microsoft has released a hotfix to address the OS Deploy issues.

Firgured you'd be interested in the new info.

I haven't had a chance to try it out since I'm not the SCCM server admin but I hope it does as Microsoft claims.