dunkel

Manually enable command line support in WinPE image

I was wondering if there is any way to replicate what SCCM does when checking the "Enable command support (testing only)" checkbox for a Boot Image in SCCM 2012. I have a rather particular boot image that I must configure outside of SCCM. Everything is working as it should but I cannot find any info on enabling command line support for WinPE.

Thanks.

Sadly WinPE wim image can not be easily edited outside Console, due to the hash checking mechanism (if one touches .wim after)

But one can get around these unpractical restrictions with bit of thinking

In that case one could easily add a single executable that waits for any predefined hotkey

I used AutoIt solution from here, works great

Seb

Yes. I was under the impression that SCCM injected extra files for Command support during the image build process. I will double-check by following the steps on your webpage and report back.

after making the change and 'saving' it you still need to update the boot wim to the dp's otherwise you'll be using the boot image that doesn't have f8 support added.