Drekko

Packaging PuttyInstaller package to run silently

Hey guys

I am trying to create a application for Putty-Installer and because it is .exe I want to make a install.bat file to install it silently with no user interaction

I tested this script locally and it works ok:

start %~dp0"putty-0.66-installer.exe" /SP /VERYSILENT

But when testing this script via the network drive (sccm source files folder) it does not like the /SP switch

Do I need different switches or is there a better way to do this?

Please help

Just an update

I created an application and chose manual install script, just put the .exe installer file with the extensions and it seemed to install silently with no user-interaction via software center

But I would still like to know why my install.bat did not want to work with those switches via network path for future...

post-32642-0-10363200-1454026770.png

I would recommend to download the content and run it locally. Did you try that?

No I just wanted to test running it via batch script first

I know how to create a package and tell it to download the files first then install via sccm

but how would you create a script to download the files locally first then install ?

When you have a package or application, I think the agent download the content and run its locally. If you are using a script that run programs that are on a shared folder, maybe (i don't know).. just maybe it causes issues with that switch (/SP).