amakusa007

Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 deployment SCCM 2012 R2 CU2

I Been having some issues when trying to deploy my windows 10 image to the surface pro 4. The image seems to be working fine when deployment is done to all other desktop machines. I embedded the surface Ethernet adapter drivers to the boot image and updated the distribution point with it as well. We only have 1 distribution point at the moment and 1 DHCP. On 1 surface pro 4 when tested, the process goes all the way till the splash screen of sccm 2012 but nothing happens. The other surface pro 4 tablet, does go past the pxe boot process after we updated the firmware on it as mentioned by Microsoft that resolved the issue with pxe boot. Has anyone had a successful deployment to the surface pro 4 using a windows 10 x64 image?

Do you have a guide for windows 10 on surface pro 4? also what logs you need so I can attach them.

The problem I am experiencing is that we have a windows 10 image that we deploy to various machines here that works using task sequence, when trying to deploy to the surface pro 4, the system goes to the process to pxe boot on one machine and goes all the way to the spash screen but no process gets started. On the other tablet, it does even start pxe boot. I been trying to look for a guide for specific windows 10 to surface pro 4 and cant seem to find one. I usually start looking here first since most of my deployment I created are from guides found here for guidance. We currently using sccm 2012 cu2. we dont use MDT 2013 or any other products.

Edited by amakusa007

here's one guide but it is for MDT 2013 Update 1

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/13190-how-can-i-deploy-windows-10-x64-to-the-microsoft-surface-pro-4-using-mdt-2013-update-1/

basically this guide is all you need for deploying Windows 10 in SCCM 2012 R2, the only difference for Surface Pro 4 is that you'll need the nic drivers injected into the boot wim, the exact same drivers and method as in this guide, the only thing you'd have to change is the WMI query to point it to Surface Pro 4 instead of Surface Pro 3