pvr02

Surface Pro 3 Driver/Firmware Update Help

We have roughly 50 surface pro 3's out in the environment that are plagued by issues that are fixed or work better with the new firmware.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use SCCM to deploy the latest Firmware and Drivers to existing devices already in the field?

I did attempt the MSI but noticed a few things.

1. By using the default settings it forced an immediate restart. I am trying to figure out the best solution to not force a restart.
  2. The MSI doesn't appear to update the touch firmware.
  3. The MSI from the download site appears to be outdated from October instead of January.

I did attempt the MSI but noticed a few things.

1. By using the default settings it forced an immediate restart. I am trying to figure out the best solution to not force a restart.
  2. The MSI doesn't appear to update the touch firmware.
  3. The MSI from the download site appears to be outdated from October instead of January.

Hi I am using the command msiexec /i "SurfacePro4_Win10_160128_0.msi" /qn /l*v "%windir%\Logs\SurfaceProDrivers.log" as per the guide here under the "SCCM and firmware management" option https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/business when trying to deploy firmware to a Surface Pro 4 and also received a force reboot. I will look into this further and let you know if I have any progress.

As per the following link http://blogs.technet.com/b/surface/archive/2015/03/04/surface-pro-3-msi-now-available.aspx not all drivers are updated and it specifically mentions that at the time of writing the touch firmware was not required to be updated. Have you checked the latest version and compared it to your device manager?

I noticed the same with the final point when trying to download the latest package for Windows 8.1 with the Surface Pro 3, again I am going to take a look at this and get back to you, but I would suggest that this is the latest available