surfincow

Cannot connect to the Application Server (Application Catalog)

Hello,

Have built a new configmgr cb system and I'm running into issues with the application catalog.

Server 2012R2 & ConfigMgr Current Branch and we use SSL for all communications (except SUP>WSUS uses HTTP)

With the new configmgr, the application catalog as mostly gone away as user targeted apps will now show up in the Software Center. I tested deploying a package to a test user but it never appeared in the SC. To see if it is getting deployed correctly, I clicked the link to directly access the application catalog. I opened the link to the Application Catalog, and am presented with the option to activate Silverlight, but then get: Cannot connect to the application server. The website cannot communicate with the server."

Looking at this https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgrteam/2012/07/05/tips-and-tricks-for-deploying-the-application-catalog-in-system-center-2012-configuration-manager/it referenced checking for ServicePortalWebSite.log & ServicePortalWebService.log. Since this was for 2012 I checked against the list of log files for the CB version and those logs are listed as "should be there". On my system they were not. So I removed the 2 roles (App Web & Service Point) then reinstalled.

After installation the same error is present and still neither logs referenced above are present.

Reviewing the SMSAWEBSVCSetup.log, SMSPORTALSetup.log & awebsvcMSI.log & portlwebMSI.log I don't see any errors.

I've found some info searching but its difficult to find version specific material now that the product has such a generic name. There was some references to activating ASP4.0 but looking at the logs, it states its activated. Other than that, I'm not really sure where to go.

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this and knows what might be the problem?

Thanks

---edit: I did eventually locate the S|ervicePortalWebsite.log & ServicePortalWebService.log logs and do not see any errors in either

Was able to figure out the problem. It appears that two certificates were bound to the same port somehow. Removing the extra cert fixed the problem.

Reference: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b853fdc4-61ba-4971-b737-3c441ea17e6a/application-catalog-site-cannot-connect-to-the-application-server?forum=configmanagerapps

Thanks

• Like 1

Was able to figure out the problem. It appears that two certificates were bound to the same port somehow. Removing the extra cert fixed the problem.

Reference: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b853fdc4-61ba-4971-b737-3c441ea17e6a/application-catalog-site-cannot-connect-to-the-application-server?forum=configmanagerapps

Thanks

Wow, thanks! Cool tip!