Config_Mgr_noob

Application appearing in Software Center with Admin Approval

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy an Application to a User Collection with "Require administrator approval if users request this application" ticked. However, when I go to the Software Center to see the application it does not appear at all. At first the Scheduling tab indicated a time to be available at a later time in the afternoon. But when I re-schedule the time to 3 minutes from the time I deployed and ran all Actions from the clients PC Config Manager Properties in Control Panel, still no sign of the application.

Am I overlooking some extra configuration?

post-22069-0-39838400-1454680443.png

post-22069-0-76489300-1454680451.png

You're deploying applications to users, then you are using Application Catalog... The applications will not be shown in the Software Center! :)

Check this out:

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/6629-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-8-deploying-applications/

You might need to install the roles and configure the CCM agent. If using Windows 10, make sure you don't try to open Application Catalog with Windows Edge.

Great read, thank you for the link! So it sounds like I need to install the "Application Catalog website point" will I also be needing the "Application Catalog web service point"? And what would I be configuring in the CCM agent?

Check the agent settings... there is a small settings that it's kinda important to change in the "Computer Agent":

- Set the default webcatalog point;

- to add your web catalog to the trusted domains - YES

- Allow Silverlight... - YES

- Set your Portal name... (optional)

When you deploy an application to users, if they aren't required, the user must go to the portal and request the application. You can also add the web catalog to the favorites in the internet explorer, via GPO (this is only a suggestion)...

Enjoy! :)