thepede

Slow speed deploying to desktop

Question

I have recently upgraded my SCCM install to SP2 and have started having problems deploying images to desktops. Currently I deploy to Dell Latitude E6500's and Optiplex 960's. The applying image action is going really slow on the 960's for some reason, usually taking over 20 hours to deploy an image. A similarly sized image on the E6500's will complete in about 15 minutes. My smsts log isn't throwing any errors during the image process either. I'm not sure if this is an IIS issue or I need to update data in Config Mgr. If anybody has any input I would really appreciate it. Thanks

1 answer to this question

My 960's have the Intel 82567LM-3 nic chipset. I have tried multiple driver combination's which have all failed. I have recently tried removing all the drivers from my boot image and it will still load the nic resulting in slow downloads. Since it seems the new version of WinPE is loading a default driver for the machine resulting in horrible latency. Is there any way to specify which driver to load for a given chipset? As I said using the previous version of WAIK my imaging was working fine. Any help is appreciated.