vincelewin

Windows 10 deployment is not installing drivers.

I have setup a TS to deploy windows 10 and downloaded and imported the drivers into SCCM from the dell website.

I have a step in the "Install Operating System" section "Apply Device Drivers" and I have tried limiting it to just the windows 10 group of drivers or allowing it to search all drivers.

Either way windows installs but has a whole host of devices with no drivers including the NIC.

Has anyone else seen this?

I had my first OSD with windows 10 and I was surprised....

I only make sure I added drivers like NIC, Wifi and bluetooth... After windows 10 starts, it'll update all drivers automatically...

However, are all the computers the same model ?!

I am having problems too. SCCM is 2012R2 SP1 CU2 so fully up to date.

I thought the driver install was working as most drivers are installed but they are not the W10 ones I have added.

It is picking older drivers in preference to newer W10 drivers in some but not all cases.

This is across 3 models of hardware so far, Surface 3, Lenovo X240 and HP 800 G1. All of these have manufacturer support for Windows 10.

I am about to log a Premier call on this so will report back.

I am having problems too. SCCM is 2012R2 SP1 CU2 so fully up to date.

I thought the driver install was working as most drivers are installed but they are not the W10 ones I have added.

It is picking older drivers in preference to newer W10 drivers in some but not all cases.

This is across 3 models of hardware so far, Surface 3, Lenovo X240 and HP 800 G1. All of these have manufacturer support for Windows 10.

I am about to log a Premier call on this so will report back.

does the driver have a installer ? Like a MSI ? You can always create a package with that installer and run it after the agent is installed. That's another approach to the issue.. :)

I am testing with a Dell Presicion E7470. Ive downloaded the CAB from the dell website http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-command-deploy-driver-packs-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment#Precisionand extracted and imported all the drivers.

I had to find a working PE nic to get it booted in the first place and I have tried letting it pick drivers and forcing the TS to only use the new drivers I have added.

Each time windows 10 installs and device manager show lots and lots of devices without drivers installed.

The smsts log just says it couldn't find applicable drivers for each device.

How do you add a pause and resume from a pause in the TS?

Most of the drivers dont have msi's.

V

Hi zeze. I could use silent installers later on however SCCM should be doing this for me!

I'm already using Pnputil to add some of them which don't want to play nice.

I have about 20 more models of hardware to integrate for Windows 10 and the first three are all failing to use the Windows 10 drivers so I don't want to get in to lots of additional packages.

It seems to be drivers which have only Windows 10 listed in the description which don't install, so if a driver lists several OS's it will use it. I will log that support call tomorrow.

OK so im getting DISM error 50.

Ive already tried to use the WINPE10 boot images but there not booting so now im looking at http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/443/Beyond-unsupported-Deploying-Windows-10-preview-including-drivers-with-ConfigMgr-2012-R2

You do have to use a WINPE6 boot image. You can use an older image but you have to mount it and put the latest dism version into the image and a step in the task sequence to load that version of DISM. With the WIN PE6(win10) I have had zero issues loading drivers for a surface 4 and elite x2. This is SP1 CU2.

• Like 1