nry

Completed 2012 SP2 Upgrade and MDT 2013 - next steps?

My keys are there and I have removed and re-added the PXE from the DP etc. and I still have the same issue...all getting a little frustrating now :)

I have, for the sake of trying, ran through the Windows 10 deployment guide on here, it all went perfectly, no errors etc. but I can't PXE boot from that either, same error as always, 53, missing boot file....and those files are there :)

Well....typical SCCM fashion...I repeated the remove PXE then re-add PXE...low and behold it booted and gave me my task sequence choices! It failed which I think ids down to a missing NIC driver which I'll try adding in and see if that sorts it...but one step closer now!

And typically I used the new (incorrect!) version of the Windows 10 ADK...so now installing the correct (older!) version...I hit the:

Windows PE initialization failed with error code 0x80220014

Error :) It wasn't the NIC driver...

Well I think we're all back and running! Refreshed the ADK to the older ADK 10 verison, deleted and re-ran the Windows 10 deployment guide on here and this setup the new boot images etc....

Need to run through the build in full, but my old Win7 deployment kicked off OK and it presented the Windows 10 too...

In the end I had to run through this to get PXE back:

• untick the enable PXE checkbox on the distribution point. Answer yes that you want to remove the Windows Deployment service.
  • remove boot images from your distribution point, then delete %windir%\temp
  • check with server manager. If WDS is done uninstalling there is a reboot pending. Reboot.
  • check if the remoteinstall folder is located on your system.
  • If it fails to delete due to permission issues with the SMSTempBootFiles path, delete all folders except that one and then rename the remoteinstall folder something else.
  • reboot
  • Add the PXE point again by checking the box on the distribution point properties.
  • Check the distrmgr.log and see if the remoteinstall folder reappears..
  • Replicate the boot image to the DP again. After they land you can try running an F12 and it should roll smoothly.

Courtesy of:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/628123-sccm-2012-r2-pxe-boot-fails-bcd-error-0xc98

• Like 1