truongtr

Task Sequence error code 4005

I cannot find smsts.log file. Do you know where it is?

Depends how far you arrive in the OSD process.

if your WinPE load and you ahve enabled F8 mode you can press F8, and then go to different locations and search for it:

if not reached format the hard disk it is most likely here: x:\windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log

if it come further it is often disk drive: _SMSTaskSequence\Logs\Smstslog\smsts.log

If it finish to image it goes to c:\windows\ccm\logs

this all on the actual client you try to image (so do not look at server for this log like you did for smspxe.log)

hope that helps?

Depends how far you arrive in the OSD process.

if your WinPE load and you ahve enabled F8 mode you can press F8, and then go to different locations and search for it:

if not reached format the hard disk it is most likely here: x:\windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log

if it come further it is often disk drive: _SMSTaskSequence\Logs\Smstslog\smsts.log

If it finish to image it goes to c:\windows\ccm\logs

this all on the actual client you try to image (so do not look at server for this log like you did for smspxe.log)

hope that helps?

This is helpful.

However i am working with Windows 10 on VMware machine.

Therefore i do not know how to enable safe mode.