Bumbi85

Console error in eventviewer after installation to current branch

Hi.

Was wondering are there any other that has a error in applications log when you start configuration manager console:

Missing management class description for class 'SMS_PolicyProperty'\r\nSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException\r\nThe given key was not present in the dictionary.\r\n at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.FrameworkInitializer.ReadSecurityInformationFromXml.Initializer(QueryProcessorBase queryProcessor, ConnectionManagerBase connectionManager, SmsNamedValuesDictionary namedValues)\r\n

Hi.

Was wondering are there any other that has a error in applications log when you start configuration manager console:

Missing management class description for class 'SMS_PolicyProperty'\r\nSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException\r\nThe given key was not present in the dictionary.\r\n at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.FrameworkInitializer.ReadSecurityInformationFromXml.Initializer(QueryProcessorBase queryProcessor, ConnectionManagerBase connectionManager, SmsNamedValuesDictionary namedValues)\r\n

Yes, I got this problem as well.

Did you manage to fix it?

I just updated to 1511 last week and I'm getting the same error on the primary site server. I also installed the console on another server (not related to SCCM) and got the same error. So, is this a known issue? The console seems to work okay besides the critical error logged under the application log.

It's an WMI issue, create a batch file and run it as Administrator, put the text lines in it;

@echo off
sc config winmgmt start= disabled
net stop winmgmt /y
%systemdrive%
cd %windir%\system32\wbem
for /f %%s in (‘dir /b *.dll’) do regsvr32 /s %%s
wmiprvse /regserver
winmgmt /regserver
sc config winmgmt start= auto
net start winmgmt
for /f %%s in (‘dir /s /b *.mof *.mfl’) do mofcomp %%s

Restart the server when finished.

Well that doesn't do the trick after several minutes I got the error again.

It's an WMI issue, create a batch file and run it as Administrator, put the text lines in it;

@echo off

sc config winmgmt start= disabled

net stop winmgmt /y

%systemdrive%

cd %windir%\system32\wbem

for /f %%s in (‘dir /b *.dll’) do regsvr32 /s %%s

wmiprvse /regserver

winmgmt /regserver

sc config winmgmt start= auto

net start winmgmt

for /f %%s in (‘dir /s /b *.mof *.mfl’) do mofcomp %%s

Restart the server when finished.

Well that doesn't do the trick after several minutes I got the error again.

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster... Had to create an account to respond to this, though. Rebuilding the WMI repository should be your absolute last resort, especially if you are using SCCM. And if you MUST rebuild it, don't use that script. See this blog post for the reasons why, and for the instructions on correctly rebuilding the WMI repository:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2014/08/08/wmi-repository-corruption-or-not/

• Like 1

I am getting same error after upgrade to 1511. did anyone manage to fix it?