vincelewin

Update deployment package will not distribute to 1 of my 7 DPs

Hi All,

I have a strange issue with this package on one DP. The status under monitoring is "The content files for package COR00129 have not yet arrived from the source site site COR. Distribution manager will try again later to distribute the content.

It stays like this and never changes. Its been at least 5 days since I first distributed it. I have tried removing it from this DP in the properties of the package and then distributing it again to this DP, I've tried "Redistributing" from the properties and also "Validating" but it just gets to the same message.

The distmgr.log shows

post-19661-0-59877100-1456216325.png

post-19661-0-29666100-1456216409.png

We are running 2012 R2 SP1 5.00.8239.1000

I have 1 parent site and 6 secondary sites. As you can see the package distributed to 6 of the 7 fine but it wont go onto this last one.

I can attach any logs you require please just ask.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Vince

Hello,

I am facing the same issue on 3 of our 9 secondary sites

The problem, about 300 dp's depends of those 3 secondary sites for about 500 packages.

I have made Update distribution point for one, and was the solution. But i cant do that for all stucking packages. Any suggestion or solution is wellcome

Also running 2012 R2 SP1 5.00.8239.1000

gvlaarho

Are you able to get other content to this DP?

Would suggest ensuring firewall rules are open between site server and DP, also check out pkgxfermgr.log and distmgr.log on your primary for the package sending to that DP, see if anything is listed relating to that specific DP in these logs. Sender.log may also hold some clues

Hello,

I am facing the same issue on 3 of our 9 secondary sites

The problem, about 300 dp's depends of those 3 secondary sites for about 500 packages.

I have made Update distribution point for one, and was the solution. But i cant do that for all stucking packages. Any suggestion or solution is wellcome

Also running 2012 R2 SP1 5.00.8239.1000

gvlaarho

Is your site Database replication working as expected? no degraded links under Monitoring > Database replication?

Are you able to get other content to this DP?

Would suggest ensuring firewall rules are open between site server and DP, also check out pkgxfermgr.log and distmgr.log on your primary for the package sending to that DP, see if anything is listed relating to that specific DP in these logs. Sender.log may also hold some clues

Hi Apexes,

Yes I can get other content onto this DP, only yesterday I distributed new win 10 boot images successfully.

None of the logs help me. I can see the sender.log says "Finished sending SWD package COR00129 version 2 to site THE" but that was on the 23/02/2016 at 08:22am no mention of that package since.

Pkgxfermgr.log just shows multiple waiting for new/rescheduled send requests.

Distmgr.log has this as its last entry relating to this package "Exiting package processing thread for package COR00129." on the 23/02/2016 at 08:20am

I've attached below.

Everything looks fine from the logs.

PkgXferMgr.log

sender.log

distmgr.log

I've had similar before, try this, it may or may not work.

1. Remove the content from the DP in configmgr console, give it 10-15 minutes to reflect as showing as removed

2. Log onto your affected site DP and go into your SMS source location drive, and into SCCMContentLib

3. In this folder go into PkgLib, find any .ini file references to your package ID COR00129 and delete them (There may be some with hex codes appended too)

4. Go back up a folder into DataLib, again - delete any folder with the title of COR00129 in

5. Re-add the content in ConfigMgr console and monitor the distribution

I've had similar before, try this, it may or may not work.

1. Remove the content from the DP in configmgr console, give it 10-15 minutes to reflect as showing as removed

2. Log onto your affected site DP and go into your SMS source location drive, and into SCCMContentLib

3. In this folder go into PkgLib, find any .ini file references to your package ID COR00129 and delete them (There may be some with hex codes appended too)

4. Go back up a folder into DataLib, again - delete any folder with the title of COR00129 in

5. Re-add the content in ConfigMgr console and monitor the distribution

Hi Apexes,

I followed your instructions at 08:10 this morning and waited until 09:08 when I re-distributed the content.

Ive left it all day and its still showing the message "The content files for COR00129 have not yet arrived from the source site COR.

:(