vincelewin

Update deployment package will not distribute to 1 of my 7 DPs

Hi Apexes,

I followed your instructions at 08:10 this morning and waited until 09:08 when I re-distributed the content.

Ive left it all day and its still showing the message "The content files for COR00129 have not yet arrived from the source site COR.

:(

Odd - the only thing i can think that'd spawn a similar message would be if enable pull distribution point was set on the DP to look elsewhere for it's content source, but that being said other content works fine so i'm at a loss :|

Maybe create a whole new package for the content you need and send that out to all DP's to use instead?

Hello all,

So unfortunatly it's because the large amount of packages that are distributing at the same time ....

The only thing we have, wait ....

Is there a way to force all Primaries and secondaries to receive first sources when a new package is implemented ? (tool or ...)

Apart the way to distribute first on all Primaries, wait until success then second to all secondaries, wait until success then global DP's

Nice day all

Gvlaarho

Ok I removed the package from all DPs and deleted the deployment group, then I navigated to the deployment groups folder on the servers virtual hard drive and deleted the contents.

Then I re-created the deployment group and navigated to the updates view and viewed the members, then I re-downloaded them all.

I have witnessed the files be re-created in the empty original folder and I have now re-deployed to all DPs.

It has failed again on the one DP as before.

Does anyone else have any ideas I am ready to throw sccm into the canal.

:(

Error code 8 is not enough space from what I've looked up, but that'd contradict your previous screenshot of the disk space on the drives, and the fact that you can distribute other content to the server.

Sorry if it sounds like i'm teaching to suck eggs - but that server definitely has enough space on it's host drives when you log on to it?

I'm at a loss as to where i'd even go now if i was having this problem, from your descriptions i've managed to fix similar issues to this by getting shot of the .ini and content files in the SCCMDataLib, but you've tried that and still nothing.

Short of removing the DP role, and re-installing and sending content again - i'm not sure where you'd go from that.

Ok so this morning I have removed the Distribution Point (DP) from the secondary site server left it half an hour and re-installed the role.

I got rid of the problematic deployment package (DPG) and added the patches from it to other previously working DPG's.

I then added the DP to the DP group and watched it sync all the packages, except one!

I still have one package that will not go over but it is a different, previously sync'd package.

I have noticed that on the Parent server I can see error 3 in the SMSDBMON, attached and error 8 on the secondary site servers DP DESPOOL log.

Anyone have any ideas?

smsdbmon.log

despool.log

post-19661-0-61689600-1457440639.png