vincelewin

PXE Boot wont work after deploying ADK 10 boot images.

Hi all,

Third post in as many weeks :s

Yesterday I followed this http://blogs.msdn.com/b/beanexpert/archive/2015/08/05/how-to-switch-to-windows-10-adk-on-configmgr-2012-r2-sp1.aspx to extract the Win10 boot images from the ADK10.

Ive been having a problem where Windows 10 deployment wont install any drivers so I thought I would try this.

The problem I have is my laptop wont PXE boot now.

I have distributed the image to my PXE enable secondary site.

I have unticked "Deploy this boot image from the PXE-enabled distribution point" on the old x86 boot image I was using and ticked this same tick box on the new x86 WinPE10 image.

I have tried this both on the x86 and the x64 images.

I have rebooted the Primary and Secondary site servers but I just get the following.

post-19661-0-82474700-1456395410_thumb.jpg

The SMSPXE.log says

"Matching Processor Architecture Boot Image (6) not found"

I have the two two new boot images available only for distribution from PXE enabled distribution point.

post-19661-0-72087700-1458126498.png

I can see in the SMSPXE log it is looking for COR000FD also and if I enable this image for distribution my devices will boot from that Image ID.

Ok I got carried away and removed all of the boot images.

post-19661-0-93516200-1458139648.png

I have now added back in just the Win10PE ones as you can see in the above screen shot.

I have enabled both for distribution.

post-19661-0-90610600-1458139717.png

My client just says "No response from the Windows Deployment Services Server." and I continue to get the Matching Architecture warning.

I have attached a new version of the log.

smspxe.txt

Ok it looks like its just started working.

I navigated to the folder .\RemoteInstall\SMSImages and the log reported

post-19661-0-45245200-1458142508.png

Now the error has gone about architecture and devices are PXE booting again!

:unsure:

Don't forget - if you updated your adk you should have update the task sequence boot images and distribute - otherwise it will never start because there is no policy available for that computer.

Second, next time if you have issues with your PXE, and you see that everything is correctly configured in your environment (boot image distributed, task sequence have a boot image, etc), just remove the pxe configuration from the DP (check the logs until you see that it was removed successfully) and add the same configuration again.

• Like 1