ZeZe

Trying UDI with CM1511

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a UDI task sequence. I've run the Windows-noob step by step and all attempts to make this works failed.

The first attempt was, as is, the step by step that Niall posted in this forum. I did change a couple of pages but that's it - nothing special and I didn't delete any pages. When I start the TS, the wizard keeps me in this page asking for USB or network share to make a backup. I'm not sure why.

post-24807-0-00632600-1456754649_thumb.png

The second attempt was more extreme. I removed a couple of pages and now I'm only using this:

post-24807-0-96082200-1456754098_thumb.png

The result is this:

post-24807-0-43498400-1456754312_thumb.png

What have I done:

I've create the package and settings with MDT and distribute the content. After I changed the settings with UDI wizard, I redistribute the content for the MDT package. Unless there is a problem with this version and CM1511 then I'm not sure what doing wrong here. If anyone has any experience with this, can please advise me? :) Thank you all in advanced!

post-24807-0-96082200-1456754098_thumb.png

post-24807-0-43498400-1456754312_thumb.png

post-24807-0-00632600-1456754649_thumb.png

MDT 2013 Update 2 have some issues regarding UDI. Maybe that is the cause of the problem?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msdeployment/2015/12/22/mdt-2013-update-2-now-available/

I guess I have to install the ADK 10.0.586 and then apply the fix. Only then the UDI will work (I guess)... I'll try this update this week...

Looks like you've removed the Volume page or the whole New Computer stage from the Wizard (so it doesn't know what Image you are deploying)

Mine is attached and works seamlessly.

Bear in mind you need to use variables in CustomSetttings.ini file if you want to lock down your domain join credentials (New Computer Details step)

post-32942-0-67403700-1461334290.png

do you know why the wizard shows to install the system on the drive D? By the way, I used the normal task sequence and changed the method "user driven"... I see the OS available as part of the process. Can I remove this step ? Can you see that in your own steps?

do you know why the wizard shows to install the system on the drive D? By the way, I used the normal task sequence and changed the method "user driven"... I see the OS available as part of the process. Can I remove this step ? Can you see that in your own steps?

Just leave it in and point it to the image file you are deploying. With UDI ensure you have configured the Site Settings to your Primary Site (Ribbon item when you are in the Edit Volume Step)

*sorry doing this from memory on a mobile device hence no screenshots

Just leave it in and point it to the image file you are deploying. With UDI ensure you have configured the Site Settings to your Primary Site (Ribbon item when you are in the Edit Volume Step)

*sorry doing this from memory on a mobile device hence no screenshots

Yes I did! I'm running another test because the image keeps going to drive D for some reason. I guess this is because this is a virtual environment (not physical)... but still.. annoying!

oh yeah.. I'm using the install.wim for this... not a reference image... maybe that's the problem I guess... :)