tjwillians74

Deploying 2008R2 to UEFI Based Server with SCCM 2012 R2

I've been trying to get an image of server 2008 R2 that I created a wim file for that is full patched to a new UEFI based server for a legacy application. I can manually install 2008 on this hardware if I do it via disc. I want to do it via SCCM 2012 deployment in the event I need to send an image down to it or its counterparts again. I've successfully deployed a 2012 R2 image to this server in the past as a test.

I believe my challenge has something to do with my task sequence with a 2008 OS image going to a UEFI server. I have the settings in the server to do both UEFI and Legacy. Each time I try a new deployment I use diskpart to clean disk 0. I check to make sure the server name is not in the devices collection of SCCM as well. It usually never is.

Looking for some suggestions to try next from those with more experience. I'm only a few months into SCCM so clearly I've missed something. I've enclosed 3 of the SMSTS.LOG files to this message in hopes someone can spot the error to better clarify what I am looking at.

Here is what I see while it's working:

UEFI Partition disk 0

Formatting C:\

Apply operating system

Downloading wim

Applying image 1 from wim to C:\

After the progress bar comes all the way to the right, it fails the task sequence 0x8004005

Greatly appreciative of this site and the members for the day 1 to where I am now in learning and using SCCM.

lastrun__on_x_smsts.log

lastrun__on_x2_smsts.log

lastrun_smsts.log