ZeZe

Installing .net 4.5.2 (as a dependency)

Hi all,

I'm deploying an application that requires .NET 4.5.2. I've created a application called ".NET framework 4.5.2" and the application called "Application X".

The Application X has a dependency on .NET framework 4.5.2. Basically before starts installing the application X, first installs the framework.

In one client I had this message:

Waiting for process 9540 to finish. Timeout = 30 minutes. AppEnforce 09.03.2016 15:46:25 7388 (0x1CDC)
Process 9540 terminated with exitcode: 16389 AppEnforce 09.03.2016 15:46:26 7388 (0x1CDC)
Looking for exit code 16389 in exit codes table... AppEnforce 09.03.2016 15:46:26 7388 (0x1CDC)
Unmatched exit code (16389) is considered an execution failure. AppEnforce 09.03.2016 15:46:26 7388 (0x1CDC)
Has anyone deployed applications with dependencies and if so, framework 4.5.2? I see other people with similar issues.
Thank you in advanced!

yep - for troubleshooting see if it can install as a package first off, use the same command line. out of curiosity - what command line are you using?

Application model can be picky with certain apps

Yeah, but you are right... as an application (even with script) it doesn't work correctly. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... not worth it! Package it works... it's a shame because it's one of those cases that you could use the dependencies to install an application. :(

Yeah it's annoying.

Other option is you could put it into a task sequence, and put in a TS step to check if .net is installed - if it's not, then install it, but if it detects it is, it'll skip the step and run to the main application install.

Kind of a similar way of doing dependancies

• Like 1