firstcom

PC models incorrect in inventory

Hey all,

So I have an interesting situation and wasn't sure what forum to post this on. We have a SCCM environment and also use Service Manager for our ticketing system.

We have a connector in SCSM for SCCM, and that connector pulls data from SCCM for devices such as PC model, specs, installed updates and applications, etc.

In SCSM, I've noticed that the models for our workstations are incorrect. It *is* showing recent inventory dates though so it doesn't seem to be an issue of the inventory being out-of-date. I should probably note that we've conducted a refresh of our desktop environment... Our workstation computer names renamed the same, but we've upgraded the hardware.

Has anyone ever seen this before or know where I'd look? From what I have read so far, the data is actually being pulled from SCCM, so I've decided to post it here.

Thanks all!

Check out a machine that's not reporting correctly in the console, and look at the bottom for the last hardware scan date.

Also check in your client settings that apply to these machines - how often do you have hardware inventory set to run ?

Hardware scans are all recent -- I do them daily.

Check out a machine that's not reporting correctly in the console, and look at the bottom for the last hardware scan date.

Also check in your client settings that apply to these machines - how often do you have hardware inventory set to run ?

How good are you with SQL?

Access the database via Sql management studio, open the gs_computersystem view, link it to gs_system (resourceid) and see what the sccm Database is storing for models.

Or just right click a machine in sccm > resource explorer > computer system. Does it show correct model?

Perhaps SCSM is storing a cache of data thats no longer up to date? No idea how scsm works but sccm should have correct data. If it doesnt you have an issue (a big one if you use query based deployment)

How good are you with SQL?

Access the database via Sql management studio, open the gs_computersystem view, link it to gs_system (resourceid) and see what the sccm Database is storing for models.

Or just right click a machine in sccm > resource explorer > computer system. Does it show correct model?

Perhaps SCSM is storing a cache of data thats no longer up to date? No idea how scsm works but sccm should have correct data. If it doesnt you have an issue (a big one if you use query based deployment)

I use query-based collections in SCCM for PC models and they're updating fine. It seems to be however SCSM is pulling the data that's not correct. The connector is active and updating, but the models are just incorrect.

Unfortunately my SQL skills aren't that great but I'll see what my team can do to investigate.