Leon1983

Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 MSI

Hi,

I am attempting to deploy the latest firmware and driver .MSI (160128_3) to our Surface Pro 3 devices and have two issues;

- The install fails when attempting to install as a standard user. Errors from the AppEnforce log are attached

- The install is successful when installing as a local Administrator, however a reboot is forced, can this be supressed in any way?

This Application is being deployed as an available deployment with the following command;

msiexec /i .\SurfacePro3_Win8x_160128_3.msi /qn /l*v "%windir%\Logs\SurfaceProDrivers.log"

Can anyone please advise on this?

Regards

Leon

post-32969-0-28497600-1457621105.png

Absolutely, so that is why I am asking this query, trying to find out why it is installing as a standard user... where would this be indicated?

Many thanks for the /norestart advice will try now

Oh i thought you meant you'd set it to run as user.

It'll be in the settings for the deployment type under the user experience tab, nmake sure you've got installation behavior set as install for system

So it's not actually running as a user at all then.

Has the content been downloaded into the cache, and can you run the exact command line you're using in SCCM from a CMD prompt in the programs cache directory?

Error 1619 you're getting Microsoft lists as the below

ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_ 1619 This installation package could not be
OPEN_FAILED opened. Verify that the package exists and
that you can access it, or contact the
application vendor to verify that this is
a valid Windows Installer package.

Just a quick update on this I have added REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /norestart at the end of the above command, now I am able to effectively suppress the restart from the command line using PSExec emulating running as SYSTEM.

So it would appear that the complete command is msiexec /i SurfacePro3_Win8x_160128_3.msi /qn /l*v "%windir%\Logs\SurfaceProDrivers.log" REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /norestart