dave828

Custom Win 10 image capture

You have to create a capture media iso, attach it to the VM, fill in the required details and it will look after the rest for you and capture your custom build system to wim format then you import the wim as an OS image into Configmgr for deployment.

**You may have issues with the sysprep process failing but if you disect the sysprep logs it will give you the reason why, some out of the box Windows 10 apps can cause the sysprep process to fail so you will have to remove them to have a successful capture. Good Luck!

I apologize for not understanding this fully. This is my first SCCM build.

I have a ready windows 10 with custom settings.

when i create a task sequence it asks for install.wim. I am guessing i have to create the install.wim from the custom laptop and use that?

You can use the install.wim and add applications and packages to the task sequence and it's fine... works really nice.

If you want to do offline servicing, like apply updates the image, add applications by default to the image, etc... then use the build and capture (from the install.wim). from this process you can use the new wim and create a new TS that will have all applications during your OSD and you may apply updates and upgrades!