mmenzie

Reports not showing the same info that asset intelligence is

Today i went to run a report to find how many computers have Microsoft Visio 2013 installed. as i was trying to use the values in the report parameters none of them showed Microsoft visio 2013 but did show Visio 2007 as an option. I know that visio 2013 was installed on a few machines. so i went and verified a few machines that i knew had it by using the resource explorer to look at those machines. i then went and looked in asset intelligence and there too i verifies microsoft visio 2013 was there and it was.

so how come none of my reports will allow me to choose microsoft visio 2013 but will let me choose Microsoft visio 2007?? its like all software reports are not actually updating themselves or am i missing something else?

run the software inventory cycle on the computers, check the logs; hmm... I think I would start from there. It can take a while to have a nice report.

By the way, there is one nice report concerning asset intelligence that shows all microsoft products by sales channel. I don't have that report number but I'll let you know tomorrow! :)

run the software inventory cycle on the computers, check the logs; hmm... I think I would start from there. It can take a while to have a nice report.

By the way, there is one nice report concerning asset intelligence that shows all microsoft products by sales channel. I don't have that report number but I'll let you know tomorrow! :)

i thought inventory cycles are run automatically, am i incorrect in that thinking?

yes they do. you can change the schedule in the client configuration (administration). when you trigger the cycle it will run at that moment.

well the reason i asked the question is since it is already running and has been running since SCCM was installed 2 years ago my reports should be able to show the product and its not