RyanC814

Endpoint Protection State: Umanaged. This is driving me up the wall.

Has anyone ever had this issue and successfully resolved it. I have a few clients in my SCCM 2012 R2 Production environement that will not report the details when you click on the the device under Devices Node in Assets and Compliance.

Under the Endpoint Protection Information, it says Unmanaged.

On the actual client device Endpoint Protection is working as expected. Sccm has installed SCEP, SCEP has found and installed the available definition updates.

I've tried repairing the client, Uninstalling SCEP and will let SCCM reinstall using Client Settings.

Checking the EndpointProtectionAgent.log on the cliend I don't see very many errors.

There are a few errors in red in the log that say.

Endpoint is triggered by CCMTask Execute.

Deployment WMI is NOT ready.

Failed to get EP event code under registry key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\EPAgent

Failed to get EP event message under registry key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\EPAgent

EP State and Error Code didn't get changed, skip resend state message.

Failed to get EP event message under registry key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\EPAgent

State 1, error code 0 and detail message are not changed, skip updating registry value

File C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\SCEPInstall.exe version is 4.5.216.0.
EP version 4.5.216.0 is already installed.
Expected Version 4.5.216.0 is exactly same with installed version 4.5.216.0.
Endpoint is triggered by WMI notification.
start to send State Message with topic type = 2001, state id = 2, and error code = 0x00000000
Start to send state message.
Send state message successfully
Save new state 2, error code 0, detail message '' to registry SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\EPAgent\State
I went to look at both the registry on my system and the clients and after I browsed to SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM I could not find an entry for EPAgent.
Does anyone know how SCCM finds the state of SCEP, and what I may be missing on this client?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.