RobertF

Deploying Windows x86 need help!

I don't have any luck of deploying x86 image that I capture from SCCM. I always got this error no matter how I modify my TS Partition. I have 3 partition System Reserved (Primary)350 mb , Windows (Primary) 80%, and the last Data(Primary). I want to use only 2 partition but I think it when it deployed it always want to install the OS in the smallest partition.

I attached the sms log for your reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Robertsmsts.log

I made to Setup is applying system settings but it error out with "WIndows could not configure one or more system components. To install WIndows, restart the computer and then restart the installation. If I restart it will loop and not install. I did use a unattend file for this TS and I am not sure if this was causing this because I use this unattend file in WDS and works fine. I can't use F8 to check the log.

Hi Robert

Is the device your trying to image in UEFI mode?

Have you tried changing it to Legacy mode so that your desired partitions will be able to work in Legacy mode ?

You state that you captured your WIM file so why are you using an answer file?...did you not make the desired system changes before you captured the image initially?

Rocket man,

I am not using UEFI.

I want to copy the profile from the captured image.

Teamfox201,

KMDF is already installed but again I also add it in the TS using this link https://deploymentramblings.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/osd-injecting-the-windows-7-kernel-mode-driver-framework-kmdf/

I forgot to mention that the TS was working fine in VM. Tried to deployed to a HP machine and works fine but on Dell OptiPlex 790 it always throw this error. I am no clue where to look at. -----this is before I add the KMDF in the TS.

Thank you guys for your reply.