Hi

I'm trying to offline service a Windows 8.1 image which I've built.

I've built the wim from the Latest Windows 8.1 ISO from Ms VLS.

All I've done to it is enabled .net 3.5 and built the Reference Image through SCCM

when I've come to offline service it there are no patches enabled for me to do this. As shown below.

this is not something I've seen before, My previous reference image worked fine, Also when I run an OSD using this WIM the updates all download as normal through the build.

Anyone got any ideas whats going wrong?

Also I'm on 1602

Thanks

john

sccmoffline.png

Hi

thanks for the advice, problem is that I know all of the above is fine. I can offline service a previous windows 8.1 wim. But with a newly created windows 8.1 exactly the same manor it fails every time and only gives me the options to update one windows update which is. Security update - KB3042058, If I apply this it promptly fails to apply.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Logs? check the offlineservicing.log ..

Please check this post from Niall.

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/4683-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-12-updating-an-operating-system-image-using-offline-servicing/

It covers all details that you need to understand how to create schedule updates to an image. Note that you need to have a image that you build (I don't know if you can use the install.wim to do offline servicing)...