Jstu0917

Windows 10 Image Capture failing

Question

So I have been trying to capture images of windows 10 machines with capture media. I know this is not the best way to do it but my boss wants images of every department with all software installed. This was working fine with windows 7. When I attempt to do it with windows 10 machines it fails during sysprep with the useless error code 0x00004005. This machine has never been syspreped so it's not hitting the limit. I am using SCCM 1511 with a single primary site. I have created the new Capture media since the upgrade to 1511. MDT is installed. It seems to be an issue not with the server but with the capture as it won't even get through sysprep on the reference machine. Have tried everything I can find online. Please help.

3 answers to this question

We have the fix! Thanks to this site.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b21e55a-65e5-4193-b82b-6634a0e3af42/capturing-an-image-from-newly-built-reference-computer-fails-with-error-code-0x00004005-windows-10?forum=configmanagerosd

The failure each time is in the SysPrep. SysPrep is choking on the Universal Apps.

See the SysPrep setupact.log.

The fix:

Run gpedit.msc for local Group Policy and turn off the Customer Experience Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Windows Components –> Cloud Content” called “Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences”.

Go to Settings - System - Apps & Features - find CandyCrushSodaSaga or Twitter or whatever it installed and delete them.

Repeat capturing.