jfarmer

SCCM Client Installation

Hi there,

Just upgraded our site to 1602 and all our current PCs and Servers have picked up the new Client. Just spun up a new server a couple of days ago and have just realised the client hasn't installed on it. I tried pushing the client from the SCCM Console, but just getting this error "Product: Configuration Manager Client -- Error 1406. Could not write value LastMsgSerialNum to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CCM\StateSystem. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Thanks in advance for any help,

James

Edited by jfarmer

Hi Apexes,

*How do I find that out?* I don't see why it wouldn't, haven't had this issue before when spinning up new servers and I haven't had to do anything to configure them to get the client to install.

*Edit* - Yes it does, they're in a local admin group on the Server.

Edited by jfarmer

Here's the fix:- https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7109081b-a82a-46e4-b6fe-f19b7d56e431/problem-with-some-msi-installs-after-kb3139923?forum=w7itproinstall

Its not SCCM itself thats the issue or the client its a bl**dy Windows patch.

I had KB3139923 serviced into my Windows images as I do with all new updates but it breaks the Windows installer process unless KB3072630 is installed with it.

In short - I downloaded the update, inserted into my images and deployed to all live machines.