Andy

Questions about captured Windows 7 wim!

Question

Hi all

I was able to successfully captured Windows 7 image with unattended xml created from WAIK, my question to you is, since our company has several different workstations, from Pentium 4 to Quad core, will I be able to use that wim for other workstations with different hardware platforms(all X86)?

Thanks for the help

Andy

5 answers to this question

much better to create the image (particularly if XP) on HAL agnostic hardware, ie: virtual hardware, using the latest versions of either Vmware or HyperV

that said, vista and seven are hal agnostic, but i would always use the virtual route for creating the build image unless you are lucky to have only one type of hardware to support

cheers

niall

much better to create the image (particularly if XP) on HAL agnostic hardware, ie: virtual hardware, using the latest versions of either Vmware or HyperV

that said, vista and seven are hal agnostic, but i would always use the virtual route for creating the build image unless you are lucky to have only one type of hardware to support

cheers

niall

Thanks

I got it. I resealed windows 7 installation afterward with sysprep /audit, and system would reboot, then choose the oob and check generalize, then capture the image again.

I was able to deploy the image (manually) from the network, hardware independently.

Cheers

Andrew