FazzaGBR

SCCM Suddenly Wants Me To Approve PXE Booting?

I've been away from work on Annual Leave and I come back to my SCCM server not functioning properly!!!

Normally to image a computer we just PXE boot and then run the appropriate task sequence and bobs your uncle a while later we have a nice software build installed on a computer!

Now what happen is it wont PXE boot to the SCCM server, it just sits there waiting for something to be approved?? (photo attached).

I've never had to approve anything before - what's going on? Help! :)

post-25577-0-15540900-1459764881.jpg

There are 0 active alerts, site status is 100% OK and component status is also 100% OK.

Check the configuration of the DP where that client is connected.

Which part of the configuration are you referring to?

It's not asking for approval, that's just a generic message.

Log onto your distribution point and check sms_dp$\sms\smspxe.log for clues, when i've had this before it was one of two things.

- Boot image required re-distributing / one was missing on DP

- Restart the WDS service on your distribution point

• Like 1

The part that you set if you allow unknown computers or not. Make sure the workstation is a client and if not, use this step by step:

https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/5542-how-can-i-easily-prompt-for-a-computer-name-in-configuration-manager-2012/

I already use that but you dont get to see that unless your computer has PXE booted in to Windows PE which is what wasnt happening here.

It's not asking for approval, that's just a generic message.

Log onto your distribution point and check sms_dp$\sms\smspxe.log for clues, when i've had this before it was one of two things.

- Boot image required re-distributing / one was missing on DP

- Restart the WDS service on your distribution point

Updating the DP of the boot image fixed the issue so we're now back up and running! :)

• Like 1