wobaby

Is it possible to set Default Sound Device in TS

Gday All,

We are using only HP Hardware and we are currently using Win7 64Bit Enterprise.

The Deployment is handled by CM12 R2 SP1 (5.00.8239.1000)

We recently started installing all desktops with Display Port cables in preference to VGA and DVI cables.

On our desktops HP 800 SFF G1's and HP 800 SFF G2's - Windows seems to set "Intel display audio" as the Default sound device on any PC with a monitor attached larger than 19" - but non of our monitors have speakers. The user rings and says "No Sound from my pc - help!! :unsure: "

Its a weird issue, but any 21.5" , 23" or 24" HP monitor with display port gets the issue.

Im hoping to set the default sound device as High Definition Audio Device during the TS to prevent this issue from occurring.

The other alternative is to Disable Intel® Display Audio in Device manager - which id prefer not to do.

The Hardware ID's in Device manager for High Definition Audio Device are slightly different between models, so i need some expert advise on achieving this if at all possible.

Thankyou kindly :D ,

Mark.

Maybe as an alternative to this.............

set a registry value via CMD in the TS ?

New Run Command Line

reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IntcDAud" /v Start /t Reg_SZ d/ 4 /f

maybe............???

Anyone can forsee me breaking things with this ? :unsure: