anyweb

How can I use servicing plans in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) to upgrade Windows 10 devices ?

How does Config Manager update the which version of Windows is in which branch? I just updated from 1606 to 1610 and expected to see this chart updated:

post-8873-0-00844200-1484788012.jpg

And When I create a new "Business Ready" Servicing Plan I only get 1511 builds listed, "Release Ready" shows only 1607 builds.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

Hi guys,

my Servicing Plans do not show me all updates of Windows 10 version 1607. I see there only Updates of Windows 10 version 1511 and Feature update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607( all language).

Any Idea why? I have changed the Title and Required, but no change. My Deployment Ring is CB.

Did this ever get an answer? - we are having a similar issue?

How does Config Manager update the which version of Windows is in which branch? I just updated from 1606 to 1610 and expected to see this chart updated:

attachicon.gifdashboard.JPG

And When I create a new "Business Ready" Servicing Plan I only get 1511 builds listed, "Release Ready" shows only 1607 builds.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

this chart is updated via the Service Connection Point role (which checks weekly)

In online mode: Diagnostics and usage data is automatically sent once a week from the service connection point to the cloud service.
  • Like 1

I'm following these steps to deploy "Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586 - en-us, Volume" to a PC running build 10240. I am able to deploy to Software Center and we receive the prompt to restart after installation, however the PC does not kick off the upgrade process after rebooting. Instead it returns to the login screen.

Opening Software Center after this reboot shows that the update status is "Installed", which is all the more baffling. I'm not sure why this upgrade is not starting. Attached is a screenshot of Software Center and our UpdatesStore.log file.

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue? We are experiencing the same thing. Doesn't seems to be all installs but most. Currently on 1511 and using servicing plan to upgrade to 1607. Software Center says installed but version is still 1511.

Also apart from the usual Software Updates logs are there any upgrade logs?

use Powershell and Get-WindowsUpdate.log

the upgrade logs for Windows 10 will only be present if it actually starts the upgrade and they'll be in C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther

look for setupact.log and setuperr.log

attach them here once found.

cheers

niall

Hi

I'm currently new to this site and also to SCCM in general.

We've just upgraded to SCCM 1606, and want to utilise the Windows servicing for monthly patches. This maybe a stupid question, but can we use this for Windows 7 as well as 10?

Many Thanks in advanced.

First of all – thanks for the guide.
I’m running into a strange behavior and I’m not sure what to do or where I could check for more information related to the following.
I followed the guide until the point of deploying the update package.
Now the problem, I have a couple of testclients in the targeted collection but all of them are just staying under “unknown” -> “Client check passed/active” I really don’t know where or what I could possibly check/test.

Maybe I should mention that our Clients are receiving updates usually from a different WSUS which has nothing to do with the SCCM. Could this may cause the problem?
Thanks for your attention and time.