anyweb

How can I use servicing plans in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) to upgrade Windows 10 devices ?

31 posts in this topic

anyweb    397

what ring did you choose? try CB

SteveSeery    0
On 3/29/2017 at 8:41 PM, ogeccut said:

I am a bit confused about step configuring Updates in the servicing plan.

When i  click on "Preview" i do not see any information:

What have i missed?

Thank you

servicing.jpg

In "Software Update Point Components Properties" Upgrades classification and Windows 10 product must be selected.

THOLAN    0

It think there's a simple typo: Use "Enterprise" instead of "Enterprice" ...

Hopefully that works for you - I'm struggeling with "Required=>=1": If I select "Required=>1" no Upgrades are shown, if I deselect it a list of Upgrades appears in the Preview.

Kind regards,

Thomas

drees-clark    0

Hi all.

Thanks for the awesome write-up.

I followed the guide and all worked well, except my client also receives no updates/upgrades whatsoever. I even deployed the update directly, completely ignoring the Servicing Plan - but nothing happens on my client.

All that I did notice was that the SUP is now added to my registry. I was on Microsoft Updates before.

The SCCM is 1610 and I'm trying to deploy Windows 10 1703.

Can anyone help? Any logs I can scan?

Thanks in advance.

David

janv    0

Hey,

just followed the guide and created a service plan for the 1703. 

But one thing confused me: How can I defer (or disable at all) the feature update installation by windows / microsoft update online. According to that technet article the defer windows update gpo is not the correct way as it will enable Windows Update for Business (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2017/01/09/why-wsus-and-sccm-managed-clients-are-reaching-out-to-microsoft-online/). How can i defer feature updates by Windows/Microsoft update without disabling any other Windows/Microsoft online update service (like the store)?

Greetings,
Jan

Mostafa    0

Hello All,

very Good article ..

but I'm facing the same previous issue as i can't see anything on the Windows of priview and when i continued in the wizard i saw the attached error print screen.

my SCCM Version is 1610

ServicePlan.png