JLai

SCCM 2007 - OSD Legacy boot - GPT disk "There are no fixed disks to show"

Question

Just got a Dell E7270 for evaluation and trying to OSD our corporate Win7 x86 SOE on it, but when it boots into WinPE (x86 or x64), it doesn't detect any physicals disks. I have enabled command support, so when I press "F8", run diskpart and use the "list disk" in the command window, it states that, "There are no fixed disks to show".

I've injected the Network and SATA drivers into the both boot images and still no luck.

If I let the machine boot into the preloaded factory image (Win 8.1 x64), I can open diskpart and run "list disk" and it shows me the disk info which is a GPT disk and not MBR (I've not dealt with GPT disks before).

Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Dell forgot to mention that they didnt update the drivers for their winpe cab.

What version of Winpe do you use? 3.0 or 4.0?

If 3.0 you need to download the Windows 7 storage driver for the E7270 and inject it into boot image.

If 4.0 you need to download the windows 8 storage driver for E7270 and inject it in.