Kinom

sms_pxe_service_point

you have these errors over and over in the log

Unable to delete directory C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\Windows\Boot\PXE (0x80070005). Continuing.

Unable to delete directory C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\Windows\Boot (0x80070005). Continuing.

Unable to delete directory C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\Windows (0x80070091). Continuing.

Warning: Failed to copy the needed boot binaries from the boot image D:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\SMSPKG\SEL000BF\winXP_pcClass.wim.

Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Error: 800700B7; Source: Windows)

Warning: Failed to copy the needed boot binaries from the boot image D:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\SMSPKG\SEL000D7\VistaENT_SP2_Optiplex760.wim.

Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Error: 800700B7; Source: Windows)

Warning: Failed to copy the needed boot binaries from the boot image D:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\SMSPKG\SEL000C5\GalaxyXP.wim.

these errors started 4th of november and are reoccuring ever since then...

perhaps the permissions on c:\windows\temp\PXEbootfiles are wrong

Hi,

I have the same problem every time I reboot my sccm server which is also the PXE Service point.

Unable to delete file C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi (0x80070005). Retry after 1 seconds

Unable to delete folder C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\ (0x80070091). Retry after 1 seconds

Still unable to delete folder C:\Windows\TEMP\PXEBootFiles\ (0x80070091) after 31 retries. Continue without further retry.

When it happens, sometime the WDS service fails to start. I have to start it manually. Then it fills the log with the same error, over and over but after a couple of minutes, it succeeds to start the service although the folder ACL has not change nor was it deleted.

And I can see those lines in the smspxe.log

Warning: Failed to copy the needed boot binaries from the boot image D:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\SMSPKG\S0100002\boot.S0100002.wim.

Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Error: 800700B7; Source: Windows))

PXE Provider finished loading.

Every thing works as I it should then. PXE responds to client, it boots images, etc.

I've seen this behavior reported many times on the net. Is it a bug ? I'm on windows server 2008 sp2, sccm 2007 sp2.

What should be the "good" ACLs on that folder ?

Oh, and I tried, removing PSP and WDS many times. Still same issue.....

:(

have you tried uninstalling wds, removing the psp role and then deleting everything in c:\windows\temp then reboot the server, reinstall WDS, reboot server and reinstall the PSP role ?

hey folks

after doing massive restarts for my SCCM server to double check everything is working fine i reached to a point that only this error is left !

Status Message in SMS_PXE_SERVICE_POINT component log: PXE Control Manager detected PXE service point is not responding to PXE requests. The error is 16389.

only when i restart i receive this error , dont tell me to uninstall and install ...etc becasue its working fine and i deployed alot of OS , the problem is ONLY when i restart this error appears only for once if you restart PXE then it works with no harm , the point is i dont want this error to appear

WDS is configured for delay start , i have SCCM sp2 R2 on windows server 2008 , WDS and DHCP on separate boxes

what to do , any suggestions EXCEPT removing the whole thing and installing again ( i did this 6 times with no use )

thanks

Hi guys,

I've search all over the net for a solution to this error. We too are in the same boat as all of you. We can't figure it out... I'm very close to contacting MS about it. Our server responds to requests and preforms OSD tasks.

We have a DHCP/WDS/PSP combined system, its been rebuild a number of times. I have a scripts that resets the security on the Temp boot file location. But yet we still get the error.

Has anyone ever found a reason for this error and what it means to the infrastructure?

Thanks,