Hi All,

We've started getting some weird issues with regards to update deployment that have only started in the past week.

1) I have a Windows 10 ADR (that I pretty much copied from our working Windows 7 ADR) that is now coming up with 0X87D20417 Auto Deployment Rule Failed and I cannot for the life of me work out why.

2) Today I have noticed that virus definitions are 5 days out old and now my PC is saying "Connection Failed" when I look at the AV client on my machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Think I may have found the issue, the Service Connection Point and Software Update Point are in critical status, I looked at the errors and both point to an issue with WSUS. When on WSUS I get the error below.

The WSUS administration console has encountered an unexpected error. This may be a transient error; try restarting the administration console. If this error persists,

Try removing the persisted preferences for the console by deleting the wsus file under %appdata%\Microsoft\MMC\.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException -- Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source

Microsoft.UpdateServices.BaseApi

Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.SoapExceptionProcessor.DeserializeAndThrow(SoapException soapException)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPGetConfiguration()

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServerConfiguration.Load()

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ClassFactory.CreateWellKnownType(Type type, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ClassFactory.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.set_UserSelectedCulture(String value)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools.TrySetServerCulture(String culture)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools.SetServerCulture()

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools..ctor(CultureInfo culture, IUpdateServer updateServer)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Common.ServerTools..ctor(ServerSummaryScopeNode serverSummaryScopeNode, SnapInTools snapInTools, IUpdateServer updateServer)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.ConnectToServer()

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.get_ServerTools()