nry

the client version 5.00.8239.1000 does not match the mp version 5.00.7804.1000

Hi all,

We've been running in to a few weird issues recently, but I'm not 100% sure where they have come from.

We updated SCCM 2012 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 about 2 months ago, and according to 'About' for SCCM this worked fine.

This week, seemingly randomly as I have not changed anything on the SCCM Server (2008 R2), clients have stopped installing any software. We can still deploy the OS as before through PXE/MDT, Windows 7 Enterprise x64, but no software is hitting these machines or existing ones.

The SCCM Client installs but then goes into a loop trying again every few hours.

On a handful of machines I took some advice from other websites which seemed to fix it, but now nothing is working - the CCMCACHE folder stays empty, SCCM Console can see the new PC's but they are not listed as having the client.

I did a little digging on the server and noticed it was doing the same thing with the SCCM Client trying to upgrade I presume from the SP1 update. It was failing so I did a manual uninstall, then used the Console to push out the Client and monitored the install logs. I see this error:

The client version 5.00.8239.1000 does not match the mp version 5.00.7804.1000

The MP seems to be stuck on the pre-SP1 version - I removed this role and re-added it but the same error is showing.

Can anyone advise on steps to try and troubleshoot and hopefully resolve this? We have a good number of new computers to roll out and we're rather stuck :)

I debated going to the latest CU patch, but unsure if this is advisable or not and even whether this is the best initial approach?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

OK, upgraded SCCM to 1511 and still the same error except the client version is reporting the correct newer version, MP in the error is still being reported as the old version above...

Even on 1511 I am still getting this error...completely baffled!

The network itself is file again, clients deploying OK with applications being deployed etc. but the SCCM Server continues with this error...