anyweb

How can I install Windows 10 language packs offline with an MDT Integrated Task Sequence in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

Thanks for your reply.

i have not added any variable on the targeted collection ( i have targeted unknown collection for my task sequence) is that an issue.

i have attached the unattend.xml file please let me know if something is missing there.

Also when i monitor the Deployment status from SCCM Console --> Monitoring --> Deployment the status show that the condition was evaluated to be false. i have attached the screen capture.

But the SMSTS logs says condition was evaluated to be True, As you mention.

unattend.xml

post-25760-0-97345000-1472623301.png

yes because it has to evaluate each of the dynamic steps and there were 5

so:

true (for 192.168.0.1)

false

false

false

false

further examination of your task sequence reveals the failure to apply swedish is because it applies en-us instead, look here

en us.png

and that takes place in the group called German

so take a look at your settings for that group....

also, the group options for Swedish are set to false, so what options do you have on your groups ?

In your Swedish group, set osduilanguage it's set to en-us in your screenshot, that's wrong, obviously, don't you want sv-se instead as in my screenshot for the same step?

you should then double check all the other groups that the settings are correct...

The language packs seem to have changed in Win10 1607.

How are they supposed to be named in order for MDT to install as part of a task sequence?

*edit*

It looks like the cab file still needs to be in a folder titled the same as the language (de-de). The names of the cab files have changed: "Microsoft-Windows-Client-Language-Pack_x64_de-de.cab"

This file works for Win10 1607 but will not work for previous versions (1511 or 1602).

Edited by Rickett
  • Like 1

This file works for Win10 1607 but will not work for previous versions (1511 or 1602).

you must always use the correct language pack cab file for the respective version of Windows, so Windows 10 1607 needs the 1607 cab files, and same for Windows 10 1511, it needs the 1511 language cab files and so on...

It does not seem to work with Config Manager 1606, Mdt 2013u2 and Windows 1607. Is there another way to install the language pack in the task sequence other then the MDT Install language pack offline task ?

what doesn't work exactly, can you attach your smsts.log file so i can take a look ?

I like this method for installing Windows 10 in several different language versions, but what if I want to install Windows 10 in dutch language by default (nl-NL) and want to add the language English (en-US) as an extra option so the user can change it when he or she decides to without having to download the language pack because it was already pre-installed during the task sequence? So far I ended up with just one language and the user still has to add the second language manually. I want it to look like below right after a new user logs onto the system (two languages available)

languages.jpg