anyweb

How can I install Windows 10 language packs offline with an MDT Integrated Task Sequence in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

Ok, I found the issue and fix but now my default profile isn't correct...

I removed <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile> from my unattend.xml file. Should that be copying the language too?

Since I'm not copying the profile, how do I configure the profile so that users can change the settings if they want? I want to show all icons in the notification center, show only the search icon and not have anything pinned to the start menu.

Hello,

I am new here and the first few steps in this post had been very helpful. But unfortunately I am facing the same issues as Kevin79 described in his post #36. I have used an English OS, Win 10 Enterprise and my additional language shows up at Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language, but the language needs to be installed finally. It is selecting the correct language, so I guess that some parts of the task sequence are working correctly.

My unattend.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
-<settings pass="oobeSystem">
-<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core">
<InputLocale>%OSDInputLocale%</InputLocale>
<SystemLocale>%OSDSystemLocale%</SystemLocale>
<UILanguage>%OSDUILanguage%</UILanguage>
<UILanguageFallback>%OSDUILanguageFallback%</UILanguageFallback>
<UserLocale>%OSDUserLocale%</UserLocale>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:offlineImage xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" cpi:source="wim://xxxxxx/sources/os/win10_64bit/sw_dvd5_win_ent_10_1607.1_64bit_english_mlf_x21-27030/sources/install.wim#Windows 10 Enterprise"/>
</unattend>

My language packs are distributed as packages, so they are not part of the image itself.

Any hint/idea would be helpful.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Niall

Thanks for this (among many others) excellent guide.

After getting this working perfectly, I've only got one small obstacle to overcome. Have you noticed that the Modern applications (e.g. Calculator) remain in English until updated from the Store.

It's something we can live with, however if you know how to give the task sequence this last bit of polish I'd love to hear how.

Thanks!

Read your logs Fella's.
Using the red highlighted line as a starting point, as I looked up several lines the answer was in front of me the whole time: Input Error: Can not find script file "C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WDPackage\Scripts\ZTIPatches.wsf".

in my T.S. you see I have the MDT toolkit and gather BEFORE the PARTITION & FORMAT step. not smart unless I add those steps again after the Partition & Format step.

Now my Language pack installs. All that's left to figure out is why these do NOT get set: Input Method and Display language. The System Locale, Format and Location settings DO get set.