PH25

SCCM Bitlocker pre provision - Without format

Is it possible for me to use a task sequence to pre provision and setup bitlocker on an existing drive? I don't want to have to reinstall OS on existing machines in order to get this working.

So, we have OS already installed and i want to use a task sequence to perhaps shrink volume and create a new bitlocker volume, then enable bitlocker.

sounds like a big challenge, i'd just refresh them using the CM12 UEFI bitlocker task sequence which will take care of it all

Sounds pretty doable to me. If you run at least Windows 8 you wouldn't even need a task sequence.

Just create a new BDE Partition with the BdeHdCfg command, then create a new Protector on your OS Drive with manage-bde and the "usedspaceonly" parameter and finally start the encryprion also with manage-bde.

All this assuming that you are not in UEFI mode since you got no BDE partiton already.

For Windows 7 you would still need a task sequence with Windows 8 PE boot image (at least) to create the Protector with usedspaceonly.