anyweb

A deeper look at the Upgrade task sequence in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

On 1/2/2018 at 1:53 PM, anyweb said:

is the ps1 script actually available in the package mentioned ?

Yes,

I actually tried running this again after stripping out the pop-up notification in the ps1 and after that it worked. I have the log files copied to the share location. It could be that when I did the first test I had clicked outside of the active Task Sequence window which I've read it needs to remain active. Does that sound right?

Thank you

Edit: Added Log

smsts_modified.log

On 1/2/2018 at 2:13 PM, anyweb said:

hard to tell without reading the entire log to see the failure properly can you attach it ?

I've attached the log to my original post.

I ran a test run with just running the check on a group of PCs and all of them came back with the error.

" Process Not Found: [TSProgressUI.exe]"

Thanks

I should mention this was pushed as a forced required deployment when this issue occurred.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:05 AM, anyweb said:

hi, no you only attached a screenshot of the error, i need the entire smsts.log file

On 1/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, Nate2003 said:

Yes,

I actually tried running this again after stripping out the pop-up notification in the ps1 and after that it worked. I have the log files copied to the share location. It could be that when I did the first test I had clicked outside of the active Task Sequence window which I've read it needs to remain active. Does that sound right?

Thank you

Edit: Added Log

smsts_modified.log

Thanks

I did realize during my first deployment of this group of PCs that I did choose to uncheck "Show Task Sequence progress" under User Experience.

I assume this is the reason for Process Not Found: [TSProgressUI.exe]"

I did another deployment over the weekend and I have 50% success and 50% failure. Those 50% of failure reporting about TSProgressUI.exe again even though it was enabled this time.

1 hour ago, anyweb said:

that sounds very likely, so it's working fine now apart from the unexplained past failures ?

No, the one from this weekend was the one with 50% failures after displaying the Task Sequence progress.

Before all of them failed when I hid it. The failures are reporting the process not running.