Whisky

Deploying Multiple Applications

Question

Hi

I'm using SCCM 2012 R2.

I want to deploy multiple applications (30) to one collection but can't seem to do it. I can only do one application at a time. I've had a browse but can't seem to find out how you do it.

Any help would be appreciated

7 answers to this question

You can't deploy multiple applications at the same time. Deployments for each application need to have deployment settings. If you want to roll multiple applications together without deploying individually, you could use a task sequence. If these are device based applications, have you thought about making a collection for each application, then including the collection with devices? This would set you up for more growth and control over individual applications.

Will try and dig it up and post it tomorrow

Powershell is so diverse and multifunctional you should try hard NOT to avoid it. Im no scripter but i managed to write a line of code that deploys a application to a collection at a set time within just 10mins with the help of some googling.

It could save you countless hours once you get the hang of it, best of all your management dont need to know you have free time :)

Here is a powershell command that will deploy all applications that aren't expired and have the certain label to a collection that you provide.

(Get-CMApplication | Where-object { ($_.LocalizedCategoryInstanceNames -Contains "<your Catagory>") -and ($_.IsExpired -ne "True") } | Select LocalizedDisplayName | Sort-Object) | % { Start-CMApplicationDeployment -CollectionName "<Your Collection Name>" -Name "$($_.LocalizedDisplayName)" -AvailableDateTime "$(Get-Date -Format "M/d/yyyy HH:mm")" -TimeBaseOn LocalTime -DeployAction Install -DeployPurpose Required -SendWakeupPacket $True -OverrideServiceWindow $False -PreDeploy $True -RebootOutsideServiceWindow $False -UserNotification DisplaySoftwareCenterOnly -EnableMomAlert $False -RaiseMomAlertsOnFailure $False -PersistOnWriteFilterDevice $True }