techwarrior

Finalized boot image error

Question

I tried every guideline, but I still got following errors when I add image

The Add Boot Image Package Wizard completed with errors.

•  
  • Error: Data Source Information
  • Source location: \\sac-img\images\winpe_x86\boot2.wim
  • Boot Image: 1 - Microsoft Windows PE (x86)

Error: Package Information

•  
  • Name: WinPE for SCCM
  • Version: 1.0
  • Comment: install All Packages No custom driver

Error: Errors

•  
  • You can not import this boot image. Only finalized boot images are supported. For more information press F1.

Please advice. I am using WAIK 3.0 on Windows Server 2008 64bit OS and SCCM R2 installed.

10 answers to this question

also, are your running SP2? i had this issue with a dism 3.0 created image and when updated to SP2 fixed the problem....

I have the same issue. I am running SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 on Windows Server 2008. Installed WAIK 2010, WDS, and then PXE Role. Keep receiving that message when trying to add the boot.wim from the Vista source folder taken from the installation DVD. I have gone through the process of uninstalling/removing the PXE Role and WDS, and then installing WDS and then PXE Role, to no avail.

Any suggestions? This is a stumper for me. :blink:

Thank you for any assist. This website has been instrumental in my implementating SCCM at work. The guides are awesome!

try adding a boot image from the two default boot images that are included with sccm first, does that process work ?

that process is outlined here

I did that now... and that sems to work...

i have tryied to diffrent media, windows 7 x86, and windows 7 x64 both from MSDN,

1. en_windows_7_enterprise_n_x64_dvd_x16-11943

2. en_windows_7_enterprise_x86_dvd_x15-70745

this is strange....

I have to add this post because the procedure was driving me crazy. I am using WAIK 7 PE 3.0. I used the guidelines from https://www.sit.auckland.ac.nz/Create_a_custom_boot_image

The following workaround to the recommended worked. I tested it twice with i86 and x64 images. Used dism.exe and peimg.exe and imagex /export

I imported the necessary cabs into the wims as suggested in the guide. Ok.

I checked the packages. Ok.

I finalized the package. Ok.

I exported the wim. Ok. --------- Ooops, forgot to commit. But wait!!!

The export worked. Since the "recommended" procedure failed so often, I pressed forward and did not run the unmount/commit.

The boot.wim was accepted into SCCM SP2 R2, even though I did not unmount and commit.

I tested this twice and wanted to pass it along.

Ironically, when I unmount and commit after finalize and then attempt to load it into SCCM 2007, I receive an error.

I would like to see if this helps anyone else. It seems like a lucky accident.