RGB09

Dism

Question

4 answers to this question

From the helpfiles that are delivered with the WAIK:

The general process for creating a custom Windows PE image includes:

Mount the base image by using the DISM tool to a local directory share. For example,

Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\winpe_x86\mount

Using the Dism command with the /Get-Package option to see which packages are installed. For example,

Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Get-Packages

Add packages, and language packs as appropriate by using the Dism command with the /Add-Package option. For example, to add the HTA package you must add both the language neutral package along with the language specific package. For example:

Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Program Files\<version>\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_FPs\WinPE-HTA.cab”

Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Program Files\<version>\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_FPs\en-us\WinPE-HTA_en-us.cab”

Where <version> can be the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) or the Automated Installation Kit (AIK).

Add drivers as appropriate by using the Dism command with the /Add-Driver option. For example:

Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Driver /driver:C:\test\drivers\mydriver.inf

Add any additional custom files or tools that you intend to include in the image within the \mount directory. For example, you can include ImageX within your image,

copy "C:\Program Files\<version>\Tools\x86\imagex.exe" C:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows\System32\

Where <version> can be Windows OPK or Windows AIK.

Commit the changes using the Dism command with the /Unmount-Wim /Commit option. For example,

Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Commit

Copy your custom image into \ISO\sources folder and rename to boot.wim. For example,

copy c:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim c:\winpe_x86\ISO\sources\boot.wim

The customized image is now ready to be copied or burned to bootable media. The most common method is to create an .iso file and then burn the image onto a CD-ROM. For more information about bootable methods, see Booting Windows PE.

Hi I was wondering if you could help me out again, this was working before using dism, but now i am getting an error 50? any ideas, I am trying to inject NIC drivers for a Tosh SAT Pro A300.

Just as an update, I am still no closer to injecting the drivers, I even went on another site and they suggested using the /forceunsigned switch, but this didn't work!

so I am out of ideas now! any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated if any one could help ;)