jonrowe81

Windows 10 Offline OSD - Yoga Tablet - Not Joining Domain

Good morning,

I have been working on getting an offline OSD task sequence working for some Lenovo Yoga 12 tablets we just purchased, and I do not want to go the route of doing them via ethernet dongle. I've got it to where it will go through the entire task sequence, but something weird is happening that I'm sure will be obvious to someone out there that can help. It goes through the entire task sequence, and when it gets to the end it has added the wireless profile and is connected, but the following has failed:

1) For some reason the local administrator account has a blank password, AND is disabled. The task sequence is set to set our specific administrator password. Not sure why this fails?

2) The last step before a restart is to join the domain, which fails for some reason. When it finishes the task sequence, it does not show any errors. It shows up at the login screen, which no logins will work. It does show that it's connected to our wifi at the bottom, which has connectivity to our domain controllers.

Here's a pic of our task sequence order:

win10osdts.JPG

Do i have something out of order, or just done completely wrong?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Revisiting this, I was curious if there was anyone out there that could help?

Long story short i'm trying to get a task sequence together that will allow me to reimage a tablet/laptop device, which does not have an ethernet port...wireless only, and do the full task sequence...including joining the wifi profile (which we do already in our existing task sequence) and then joining the domain once connected to wifi.

It seems simple, but it's just not working here.

Any suggestions?

Checking back in here...

Anyone out there have any clue how to make a task sequence work wirelessly?

I am fine with jumping it off by USB jump drive. We have a lot of these S1 Yoga 12 devices, and it'd be a lot easier if we could get them imaging over wireless, rather than being plugged with a Lenovo USB Ethernet Adapter.

Thanks!

doing osd over wireless is not recommended as the the connection could drop or certificates can not be reached, also you cannot PXE from wireless so that would limit you to starting the task sequence in Windows,

i'd suggest you look at the lenovo usb network adaptors instead

cheers

niall

Thanks so much, I appreciate the input/explainaion

For the purposes of this deployment, would it be possible to do this as an offline install via USB, but somehow adding the final steps of joining our wireless profile, then adding it to our domain only over wireless? I only ask this bc I know we eventually will have to do a mass upgrade/osd task sequence and taking USB adapters around to 200+ devices will take forever quickly.

I can't help but hope somethings coming down the pipe for wireless osd, since the number of Ethernet wired devices is decreasing

Not trying to be stubborn, just curious :)

Thanks!