sweety_devil

Problem with drivers Intel 82566DM-2

Question

I have an WIM Image for HP DC7800.

When I restore the image with a task sequence it is working but my computer is not on the AD because during the setup Windows doesn't recognize my network driver.

I correctly created a package with the driver but I think the problem is due to the drivers.

In my e1e5132.inf file I have the line PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_281E103C but not the line PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_281E103C&rev_02.

Or in the device manager the drivers information is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_281E103C&rev_02 so I think I don't have the correct driver.

I downloaded the new version of the driver on Intel and HP but it always the same problem.

Apparently we need to have an older driver but I can't find it.

Could you help me?

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

I have an WIM Image for HP DC7800.

When I restore the image with a task sequence it is working but my computer is not on the AD because during the setup Windows doesn't recognize my network driver.

I correctly created a package with the driver but I think the problem is due to the drivers.

In my e1e5132.inf file I have the line PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_281E103C but not the line PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_281E103C&rev_02.

Or in the device manager the drivers information is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_281E103C&rev_02 so I think I don't have the correct driver.

I downloaded the new version of the driver on Intel and HP but it always the same problem.

Apparently we need to have an older driver but I can't find it.

Could you help me?

Thank you.

This is the driver we are using for our DC7800s, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ir-66362-1&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=316720

Good Luck!

I have not the same problem with the DC 7900 but when I do a task sequence my computer is not add to the AD.

When I boot I don't have problem with the drivers they are correctly installed but I am in workgroup.

I don't understand why ? I see during the task sequence the computer try to connect on the AD but the window stay too much I think.

I attach the smsts.log but I found nothing on it.

I also found that in the report:

19.01.2010 13:16:21 11 Apply Network Settings Install Operating System 11134 The task sequence execution engine successfully completed an action 0 ==============================[ OSDNetSettings.exe ]=========================== Command line: "osdnetsettings.exe" configure Initializing answer file "C:\sysprep\sysprep.inf" Configuring global network settings Join type: 0 Joining domain: itc-cci.net Join OU: LDAP://CN=Computers,DC=itc-cci,DC=net DNS domain: DNS domain search order: IP filter sec enabled: false No adapters found in environment. Performing global configuration only. Configuring "OSDNetSettings.exe finalize" to run on first boot OSDNetSettings finished: 0x00000000

Thank you for your help.

smsts.log