anyweb

How can I display custom messages in a task sequence using PowerShell in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch)

On 3/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, spoon said:

%windir%\sysnative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

is not a valid path to PS. It probably was when the article was written.

If you use:

%WinDir%\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe

you get the blank window title and body of the message however everything works as you'd expect if you use x86 version of PS:

%WinDir%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe

Hi,

I am having the same issue - the message box stays blank. I've tried swapping between SysWOW64 and System32, but that doesn't have any effect on the message box.
The TS Variables seem to be loading fine too, but I am still not having much luck.

Has anyone else found anything to resolve this?

Thx and regards,
Dennis

I've included the title and message within the script for now - this works fine.

I am guessing something does go wrong in the Task Sequence Variable lookup within the script, although the SMSTS.log (see screenshot) shows it is processing this part.

image.thumb.png.536596e1416540ffc47bfa8bbd87118b.png

I been banging my head against the table for the past 3 days and finally figured out why following this did not work.  I am using MDT 8456 default boot image from SCCM 2012 build 8913.  The reason the pop-up did not work is the location of Powershell has shift from what's written above "%windir%\sysnative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" to new location "%windir%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"

for those wondering, the download links always work as long as you are logged in as a registered member of windows-noob.com :)

Thanks for the nice tutorial, but unless I am missing something, seems this is for the user to click in the software center. What I am looking for is something that will automatically popup during deployment. By the way, I would like to use this with MDT. Any tips for doing how I want to?

On 4/2/2020 at 11:43 PM, Mo Islam said:

I been banging my head against the table for the past 3 days and finally figured out why following this did not work.  I am using MDT 8456 default boot image from SCCM 2012 build 8913.  The reason the pop-up did not work is the location of Powershell has shift from what's written above "%windir%\sysnative\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" to new location "%windir%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"

Would you be willing to share your task sequence please? I am using MDT as well. How did you create the application?