nester

Image Fails at Preparing Network Connection

I been trying (and trying) to figure out why I can't image to any of our Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF. It gets to Preparing Network Connections then just restarts. I am a bit of a noob and have tried searching for an answer. I found a couple of posts in forums stating it would be a driver issue. They were years old and I never saw a post that actually said what they did to fix it.

I have tried importing the recommended WinPE driver from Dell. I have also tried the driver from Intel. I have also recreated my x64 boot image. I have done the F8 DOS prompt and confirmed an valid IP address. Same result either way. Has anyone had success with imaging this model?

I have also tried switching the bios from RAID to ACHI as suggested in a forum. That did not change anything as well.

I have attached my smsts.log file.

I am hoping it is something simple. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill

smsts - 9020.log

nester,

I have a few OptiPlex 9020 SFF's that I haven't had any problems building with Win 7 or 10 x64. I am using the drivers from the "Deploy WinPE 10.0 Driver Pack".

It looks like the smsts.log you included is from after your TS failed and the system rebooted. You may need to clear the "Required PXE Deployments" to start the rebuild again if you're deployment is set to "required". Try hitting F8 to pull up the cmd prompt before the system gets to the "Apply Network Settings" step. The open command prompt usually prevents the reboot when the error occurs and you may get some more info out of the smsts.log that shows that TS execution.

Good luck!