Stnrsn0

SCCM Current branch and MDT 2012 R2

Question

Hello.

I got a question about SCCM Current branch 1602 and MDT 2013 update 2 Integration.

We had SCCM installed at our office a couple of months ago.

I've used MDT 2013 for a few months earlier and belive i started to get the hang of it. I've used SCCM for a month (give or take) and want to integrat MDT with SCCM.
How do I use them together?

Do I use the Deployment workbench for all OS deployment/packages/Drivers and SCCM for client management?

Is it possible to integreate MDT and SCCM when we allready have a SCCM environement with packages/OS/drivers and what not - up and running? Considering we boot into SCCM when we deploy OS. Should this be done with MDT after intergraion?

It might be me missing something here, but I really dont understand how to use them together without messing up the SCCM environment.

I've allready got SCCM and MDT 2013 update 2 integrated and did a couple of task sequences with luck.

Also would like to do the OS simulation and from what i've read this can only be done with MDT integrated..

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for allot of great guides and tips & tricks! And sorry if this have been asked before and my "search skills" have failed me completly :)

- Tom

Edited by Stnrsn0

4 answers to this question

Is it possible to integreate MDT and SCCM when we allready have a SCCM environement with packages/OS/drivers and what not - up and running? Considering we boot into SCCM when we deploy OS. Should this be done with MDT after intergraion?

you integrate MDT in order to gain access to the additional functionality that MDT integration provides, so continue using SCCM to deliver boot images etc but leverage MDT integration for more features.

It might be me missing something here, but I really dont understand how to use them together without messing up the SCCM environment.

take a look at my post here to get some ideas

• Like 1