vanaquait

Tweaking Windows 10 LTSB Desktop for imaging

Question

Hello,

My company has decided to create and deploy the LTSB version of Windows 10 Enterprise instead of the CB version.

Within the build process, we want to have applications populate the taskbar but every time we create the OS build and capture the OS and then test the deployment, the taskbar appears to empty which means that users will need to be instructed on finding the Internet Explorer icon, Windows Explorer Icon and have to drop the MS Office icons there.

I might be missing something within the build process so I'm hoping there is a simple solution to creating a more customized desktop environment for users right from the image that gets put on their PCs.

3 answers to this question

Vanaquait,

Is your company aware that LTSB is really just for machines that would NEVER be serviced? From what I've been told, this would be best for hospital workstations or ATMs. Anything that wouldn't need to be rebooted at random. I would think they would be better served with the CBB instead of LTSB.

That said, there isn't anything that you would have to do differently with the imaging. You'll be using an XML to control the taskbar and what is added/removed.
Just check the thread here
You're essentially adding a new package with your XML file, then calling it in the task sequence.

• Like 1

thadkew,

Your reply does not help with the issue. You can be best served to answering the questions of the forum thread rather than injecting opinions nobody asked for.

As for the information you trying to offer for my issue, it does not solve the problem.

thadkew,

Your reply does not help with the issue. You can be best served to answering the questions of the forum thread rather than injecting opinions nobody asked for.

As for the information you trying to offer for my issue, it does not solve the problem.

Wow.

I'm sorry you are having a bad day.

Hopefully it will get better and you can find the answers you're looking for elsewhere.