Nunzi0

Report Builder 3.0 - Linking results to reports

I've recently created a report to find Anti-Virus software that is missing from computers on the network. The workflow is as follows:

Main Report: (Attached Image 1)

Lists 3 collections and their member count - All Devices, Devices WITH anti-virus installed, Devices missing anti-virus

Sub-Reports:

All Devices with anti-virus installed - which includes net bios name, installed product name, and product version

Devices missing anti-virus - Shows the host name of the devices in the collection (Attached Image 2)

I was able to link the Collection Name results from the main report to the 'devices missing a/v' report. However, all 3 results from the main report are linked to that one report. Is there a way for me to specify each result to a different report? I would like the devices WITH a/v to go to the other sub report that shows all devices with a/v, and the devices without a/v to go to the devices without a/v report.

post-26703-0-79694300-1465501299.png

post-26703-0-64470800-1465501505.png

Yes it is possible but it is not a simple task. in a nutshell you need to use the IIF functions and based on the value that is selected select a different report name.

BTW, I will also tell you to stop using RB 3.0 and instead use BIDS or SSDT-BI, as BIDS and SSDT-BI have more features than RB 3.0.